COVID-19 – HSD Coronavirus Emails, Updates & Info
March 10, 2020
Students or staff who participated in the DI event are generally considered to be at low-risk for being exposed to the COVID正规365体育投注-19 virus. Attendees are being notified out of an abundance of caution. The recommendations for low-risk individuals are to self-monitor for fever and respiratory illness symptoms, and to self-isolate and contact their local health department or provider if symptoms appear. There is no recommendation for asymptomatic people who had a low risk exposure to quarantine themselves. Anyone considered to be more than low-risk would be contacted individually by their health department for further assessment. Please contact your provider or your local public health department if you have questions or concerns.
March 9, 2020
正规365体育投注The Hudson School District has learned a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified in Pierce County. It is our understanding that the individual with the confirmed case was present at the recent Destination Imagination(DI) competition this past weekend at Osceola High School. There were Hudson School District students in grades 3-12 at the DI event. Out of an overabundance of caution we are communicating this to you today.
We are unaware of any confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Hudson School District. According to guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), spending time in the same indoor environment as persons known to have COVID-19 is considered to represent a low risk of exposure to the virus. While the risk to others is considered low, we cannot know for sure that there is absolutely no risk.
The Hudson School District has a plan in place to address COVID-19 if it spreads to our staff and students (). As part of this plan, the School District will be following the guidance of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services, St. Croix County Public Health, and WI Department of Public Instruction.
As confirmed cases are identified closer to our Hudson community, the Hudson School District will closely monitor the health and attendance of our students and staff.
We recognize this may cause anxiety among our families and we will do our best to address your concerns. We are committed to ensuring students are supported with love, compassion, and care.
The CDC provides the following:
While the immediate risk of this new virus is believed to be low at this time, everyone can do their part to help respond to this emerging public health threat:
- It is currently influenza and respiratory disease season. The CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine, taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals if prescribed.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing – throw the tissue away immediately after you use it. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your inside elbow area.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use an alcohol-based (60-95%) hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick.
- If you get flu-like symptoms, stay home from school, work, and social gatherings to prevent others from getting ill.
- If you have a fever of 100 degrees or above, you should stay home.
- Your fever should be gone for a full 24 hours, without using fever-reducing medication, before returning to work.
正规365体育投注You can get additional information about coronavirus from the following websites:
- – 715.246.8263
February 27, 2020
正规365体育投注 – Emailed to families February 27, 2020
For Families Who Already Have Students Attending Hudson Schools
Hudson School District requires annual registration for its students, which can be completed online through Skyward Family Access. Navigate to the registration portal by logging into Family Access. You will find the Skyward link at the top-left on the siam555.com website.